- Visit our website at https://liberationartgallery.com, or any website of ours that links to this privacy notice
- Engage with us in other related ways, including any sales, marketing, or events
Reading this privacy notice will help you understand your privacy rights and choices. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, please do not use our Services. If you still have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not process sensitive personal information.
- phone numbers
- email addresses
- mailing addresses
- contact preferences
- contact or authentication data
- To facilitate account creation and authentication and otherwise manage user accounts. We may process your information so you can create and log in to your account, as well as keep your account in working order.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may process your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may process your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the requested service.
- To send administrative information to you. We may process your information to send you details about our products and services, changes to our terms and policies, and other similar information.
- To fulfil and manage your orders. We may process your information to fulfil and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Services.
- To enable user-to-user communications. We may process your information if you choose to use any of our offerings that allow for communication with another user.
- To save or protect an individual's vital interest. We may process your information when necessary to save or protect an individual’s vital interest, such as to prevent harm.
- Consent. We may process your information if you have given us permission (i.e. consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Click here to learn more.
- Performance of a Contract. We may process your personal information when we believe it is necessary to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, including providing our Services or at your request prior to entering into a contract with you.
- Legal Obligations. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as to cooperate with a law enforcement body or regulatory agency, exercise or defend our legal rights, or disclose your information as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vital Interests. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of a third party, such as situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Contact us using the contact information provided.
This policy applies to information held about clients and prospective clients, suppliers and prospective suppliers, artists, contacts and all other persons about whom Liberation Art Gallery Ltd. holds information. By 'information,' we mean personal information about you that we collect, use, share and store.
In this policy, "we," "us," and "our" means Liberation Art Gallery Ltd., a company registered in England and Wales with No. 14229665, registered office Liberation Art Gallery, 4th Floor, Park Gate, 161-163 Preston Road, Brighton, East Sussex, United Kingdom, BN1 6AF
and "you" means the individual to whom the information relates.
What we collect
• your name;
• your contact information such as your address, email address and telephone number;
• your payment details / financial data i.e. your bank name, account number and sort code;
• when browsing our site, your IP address, your browser type and language;
• information related to your attendance of, and interest in, Liberation Art Gallery
• information about you that you give us in person at our events by filling in forms on our site www.liberationartgallery.com (e.g. to sign up to our mailing list) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail,social media or otherwise; and
• information in relation to your purchase of our artwork or use of our services.
How we collect information about you
• collecting information you give to us when you purchase any artwork or visit us at our gallery
• your use of the forms on our website; and social media
• through corresponding with you by phone, e-mail, social media or otherwise.
What we do with the information we gather
We use your information to:
• provide information about our artwork and services to you;
• keep you informed about artwork, artists and events that we think you may find interesting;
• carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
• communicate with you;
• administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• keep our website safe and secure;
• comply with legal and regulatory obligations; and
• for security and to check your identity.
We may collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by Stripe. You may find their privacy notice link(s) here: https://stripe.com/gb/privacy.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
We also use Square up for some card transactions provided in-store/in-person.
You may find their privacy notice link(s) here: https://squareup.com/gb/en/legal/general/privacy
Legal basis for processing
Our processing of your personal information is necessary:
• for the performance of contracts to which you will be a party to and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts;
• for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us; or
• in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
In relation to any processing of special categories of personal data, we will generally rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information.
Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interests are: (i) collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient client experience; (ii) to make sure you receive updated information on Liberation Art Gallery Ltd.'s business activities; (iii) to provide the services you have requested; and (iv) for our own marketing and research.
We only process your personal information when we believe it is necessary and we have a valid legal reason (i.e. legal basis) to do so under applicable law, like with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services to enter into or fulfil our contractual obligations, to protect your rights, or to fulfil our legitimate business interests.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK GDPR require us to explain the valid legal bases we rely on in order to process your personal information. As such, we may rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information
Consent. We may process your information if you have given us permission (i.e. consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Click here to learn more.
Performance of a Contract. We may process your personal information when we believe it is necessary to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, including providing our Services or at your request prior to entering into a contract with you.
Legal Obligations. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as to cooperate with a law enforcement body or regulatory agency, exercise or defend our legal rights, or disclose your information as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
Vital Interests. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of a third party, such as situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person.
Sharing your information
Except as expressly set out in this policy we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
The personal information you provide to us may be shared with third party companies, agents, contractors, service providers or affiliated companies if this is necessary to provide you with our artwork or services, respond to your inquiries or for any of the purposes described in this policy.
We may also share your personal information for/with:
• law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so; and
• other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or if we undergo a re-organisation with that entity.
At any time, you have the right:
• to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you;
• to rectification of your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate;
• to ask us to delete your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
• to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
• to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section;
• to restrict processing of your personal data;
• to data portability (moving some of your personal data elsewhere) in certain circumstances;
• to object to your personal data being processed in certain circumstances; and
• to not be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your personal data.
Any request from you for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change at the following email address Liberation Art Gallery
Where you are one of our clients or have otherwise agreed to be contacted for marketing we may use your personal information to send you information about Liberation Art Gallery Events and works of art. You can unsubscribe from receiving them at any time, details of how to unsubscribe will be included on each electronic mailing we send you.
You also have the option of "unsubscribing" from our mailing list at any time thereby disabling any further such e-mail or other communication from being sent to you by emailing email@example.com.
We will action any opt-out request from you without delay.
How long will we keep your information?
We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your personal information for longer than the period of time in which users have an account with us.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us periodically reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us. If you opt out from marketing, we will retain your information to enable us to respect your wishes to not be contacted for marketing purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We have implemented appropriate and reasonable technical and organisational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorised third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the Services within a secure environment.
Links to Other Sites
Certain features of our site will allow for social networking. You should ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be sent, collected or used by other users, such as profile details or e-mail address.
DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com.
If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right (as a UK resident) to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Changes to this policy
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our policy.